Toastmasters builds great leaders. As a Toastmaster since 2008, I eagerly engage in building great leaders – both inside Toastmasters and at the university where I teach. I would like your vote as International Director for Region 6. Why me?
- I know Toastmasters. As a driven and enthusiastic leader, I earned three Distinguished Toastmasters Awards. I held over 35 Toastmasters leadership positions, including Chief Ambassador, Region Advisor, and District Governor.
- I coach a university club and am a member of four clubs: three are advanced and one is online.
Our Target Market
- I connect daily with our major target market – young adults. I encourage many to join Toastmasters and charter university clubs. As a university professor for 20 years, I love working with this group of talented individuals.
- When traveling the world, I learn about culture, history and language while speaking English and/or Spanish.
International Director Responsibilities
- I understand and teach strategic planning, business theory and practice.
- My PhD dissertation focused on the communication of business evaluations.
- I am financially responsible – both professionally and personally.
- I enthusiastically involve audiences, teams and individuals. I am President of National Speakers Association-Michigan, and a graduate of Second City (improvisation).
- I speak, plan events and fund-raise for non-profit organizations, including Multiple Sclerosis Society, American Diabetes Association and St. Vincent Catholic Charities.
My Story about Teamwork
As a 32-year-old , I signed up for my next challenge: Outward Bound in Ely, Minnesota. This program introduced me to dog sledding, cross country skiing, and camping in -36◦ F. At every meal, we recapped the day. We discussed how we could improve our skills and work together more effectively as a team. I learned how teamwork enables us to accomplish results that we couldn’t achieve on our own. In its most basic form, teamwork is the difference between life and death.
Effective teamwork includes listening and honoring the points raised by each member. Our success is based on the attitude, skills and capabilities of each person. Our teams are in our communities – Toastmasters, our school, our city, and our world. I love watching individuals reach new milestones. I care about your growth and preparation for your next big step.
My husband, Flemming, suggested that we learn to scuba dive as a together activity. Although I am not a strong swimmer, I jumped in with both flippers; it opened my eyes to a whole new world. As I develop skills and prepare for my next dive, I know that when I round the reef, I am ready for the next opportunity. Toastmasters prepares us for our next reef encounter.
My professional career and Toastmasters experience have prepared me for this next step. I am ready to take on the challenge.
As a business professor, I teach strategy, forecasting, negotiations, aspects of finance, and purchasing – including ethics and policy development. I chair the Department Advisory Committee, guiding my department’s decisions, including developing new policies. The Board of Directors will benefit from my knowledge of these topics as they continue to address concerns and responsibilities.
When I served as Region Advisor for Toastmasters (2016-2017), I worked with strong leaders from different countries, gaining valuable experience and expanding my global perspective of Toastmasters International. I trained district leaders at the International Convention, at midyear, online and in each district. My network of fellow Region Advisors inspired me to expand my ideas to assist district leaders as well as current and future Region Advisors.
The timing is perfect for me to step into the role as International Director following my successful year as Region 6 Advisor.
Why should you vote for Carol?
You will be heard. As an educator and Toastmaster, I guide hundreds to take their next plunge – whether it is with business, personal lives or Toastmasters fun. Are you prepared for rounding the reef?
With your vote, I will join a team of highly accomplished leaders from the world to help guide and direct our organization’s strategies and planning efforts.
Vote for Carol Prahinski, DTM, as International Director of Region 6!